Covid Vaccination Update
Update - 9th Feb 2021 - Dear Patients, please note that we will contact you to book the second vaccine when due for it. Please wait for us to get in touch with you. Do not contact the surgery unless you are contacted.
Vaccinating Health and social care staff
NHS England and NHS Improvement have now published a Standard Operating Procedure for the vaccination of frontline health and social care staff. This identifies the people who can currently access NHS Health and Social Care vaccination hubs. This guidance will help organisations plan the rollout, including providing information on prioritisation and delivery methods.
All frontline health and social care workers will be eligible for the covid vaccination regardless of whether they work in hospitals, people’s homes or another setting, or who employs them.
- If you are a frontline health or social care worker and want to enquire about your first covid vaccine dose, please do not contact your GP surgery.
- If you are working for an organisation please contact them as they will likely have a roll out plan.
- If you are self-employed or run a small organisation and have not had contact from NHS vaccination services please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within your email, please state the number of staff members that need to be vaccinated.
- Once your email is received, you will be contacted with details about how to book your appointment.
Please note, you may not get an immediate response as we are booking more than 30,000 health and social care workers in this area so please bear with us.
Getting vaccinated only protects you from the virus, so you will still need to follow IPC and testing measures in your workplace, and follow general advice at work, at home and when you are out and about:
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a face mask
- Wash your hands carefully and frequently
- Follow the current guidance: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus